Registration for 2017 season, Please use the link below:
Update due to weather: Information on Tryouts for 2017:
All tryouts will be held on the PVHS JV field behind Evergreen Elementary School.
Tryout Dates (Weather/Field Conditions Permitting)
Saturday,April 1st and Sunday April 2nd
Junior/Sandlot ( 14 and 15 year olds): 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, players arrive at 11:00 AM to check in.
16U ( Sunday April 2nd only)- 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, players arrive at 2:00M to check in. ( You will be contacted separately if you are to be part of this evaluation)
Saturday,April 8th and Sunday April 9th
PREP ( 13 year olds) 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, players arrive at 11:00 AM to check in. ( Please fill in the survey below for PREP positions)
Seniors: Saturday, April 22nd and Sunday, April 23rd.
Time: 2:00PM to 4:00 pm, players arrive at 1:30 PM
** This is our tentative schedule/ plan, changes can be made closer to the date due to weather.Times may be pushed back further in the day due to weather or field conditions. Check back for updates regarding start times.
The following provides more details on Tryouts. For Prep and New Players, please pay special attention to these items since you are new to the Program:
- Players should not wear any team affiliated shirt, uniforms, hats, etc. This includes Legion, School Teams, previous travel teams, CPYA, LP, etc. This helps provide an unbiased evaluation. Players that ignore this will be asked to change, turn shirts inside out, or remove hats. Please come dressed in appropriate baseball apparel. ( Pants or sweats, no shorts)
- Players should bring all their own equipment, including WOOD bats. Players will not be allowed to use non-wood bats.
- Legion has specific requirements on the type of allowable wood bats. The following information is on our website.
Allowed: White Ash, Hickory, Sugar (hard) Maple, Yellow Birch and RedOak.
Not Allowed: Bamboo, Red Maple, Silver Maple, Composite of any sort
- Day 1 of tryouts is primarily skill based evaluations (running, infield, outfield, hitting, etc). Day 2 is primarily situations and controlled scrimmage. Pitching and catching could potentially be Day 1 or Day 2, we will make a decision on this closer to try outs and considering the weather for both days.
- Players must show up for both days of Tryouts. Missing any part of tryouts could have an adverse effect on the player’s evaluation and ability to make a team. If you have a special situation, please let me know.
- The expectation for any player that makes a team is that Legion games and practices will take precedence over any other teams that the player may be involved with. The only exception is involvement with a school team. It’s rare when the school and legion schedules have a conflict, but school would take precedence if it happened.
Thanks and good luck to everyone!! Also please stop out for the field maintenance party next Saturday if you are available.
Pat Carney, President PV Legion Baseball
If you are planning on trying out for Prep this year ( 13U) please fill out the survey below regarding positions. This survey is for Prep only.
Congratulations to the Junior Legion Team for winning Regionals on Wednesday (7-27-2016)!
The Junior Legion Team now moves on to States in Pottstown at Sundstrom Field . Their first game is Saturday 7/30/16 at 4pm. Go out and support the team!
Post Season Updates for the other Teams:
Senior Legion Team – Finished Second in Regionals. The Team had a great tournament and played some exciting games including wins over defending champion Downingtown and an 11 inning win over Spring City.
Sandlot Team – Won their league championship, the Sandlot Team had a nice run by winning their first two state playoff games, but unfortunately ended up losing the next two. Great job by a team!
Prep Team – The Prep team started the season with a 2nd Place finish in the MBC Memorial Day Tournament, then followed that up with a 10-8 regular season. The team won one game but ended up losing two close heartbreakers in the playoffs. Great job! We look forward to you guys continuing to develop within the Program
Congratulations to the Senior Legion Team for winning the 2016 Greater Norristown American Legion Baseball League (GNALBL) Championship! This is their second straight GNALBL Championship.
Congratulations to the Junior Legion Team for winning the 2016 Montco Junior American Legion Baseball League Championship!
Congratulations also go out to the Sandlot Team for winning the 2016 Chester County Sandlot League Championship!
Senior Legion:Baseball League (GNALBL) website will provide the league schedules, standings, game results and stats: www.leaguelineup.com/seniorlegion
Junior Legion: The MJALBL website will provide the league schedules, standings, game results and stats:http://www.leaguelineup.com/mjalbl
Sandlot: The Southeastern Pennsylvania (SEPA) Sandlot League website will provide the league schedules, standings, game results and stats:
Prep: The MBC Prep Legion website will provide the league schedules, standings, game results and stats: http://www.scorebook.com/MBCPrep
Perk Valley Field Location Map Click Here
There are Four Perk Valley Legion Teams that are selected based on tryouts:
- The Senior Legion Team is made up of High School Varsity players and JV players in the 16-19 year old range.
- The Junior Legion Team is made up of Freshman High School baseball players, Eighth Grade Baseball players, some JV High School Players in the 14-15 year old range.
- The Sandlot Team is made up of 14 Year-Old Players as another option for 14 year old players.
Please note a player trying out for the Junior Legion team may also be considered for the Sandlot team (age must be 14).
- The Junior Legion Prep Team is made up of 13 year old players seventh graders and eighth graders.
PERK VALLEY LEGION BASEBALL
PO BOX 227
SKIPPACK PA 19474